History

The firm history dates back to the year 1947, in continuation of the practice established in Dresden by Prof. Dr. Erich Lichtenstein prior to  the Second World War. During the period of National Socialism, Prof. Dr. Erich Lichtenstein represented the interests of those persecuted by the Nazi regime and defended them also before the People’s Court, until he had to leave Germany because of his political ideology.

After the war, he made legal history with the assertion of Empress Soraya’s personal rights. His scientific repute, particularly in patent and licensing law, continues to have a large impact today.

The practice changed into a partnership when Dr. Körner joined the firm in 1964. Organic and exclusively quality-oriented growth led to the firm’s present size of 11 attorneys and around 14 skilled employees. In 1982, we moved into our present office space, an Art Nouveau villa in the so-called Gänsheide in Stuttgart.

Our specialization in the protection of intellectual property makes us part of the group of globally renowned law firms in this field.